Enjoy A Holly Jolly Time At LEGOLAND® Florida
Christmas Bricktacular and Kid’s New Year’s Eve Brings Joy to Kids this Holiday Season
WINTER HAVEN, FL (Nov. 14, 2011) – LEGOLAND® Florida is getting into the holiday spirit with brick-loads of family-friendly fun with its second annual Christmas Bricktacular and Kid’s New Year’s Eve. Sounds of the season and stunning holiday decorations fill The Beginning and Fun Town with festivities every Saturday and Sunday in December, 10am-5pm.
The Beginning is home to a truly Bricktacular sight - a more than 30-foot-tall LEGO Christmas tree made with a combination of 270,000 forest green LEGO and DUPLO® bricks. The official tree lighting ceremony will be held Nov. 29 at 5pm with a special master of ceremonies.
Holiday festivities on Saturdays and Sundays in December during Christmas Bricktacular will feature tons of family fun:
• LEGO® Christmas Tree: The more than 30-foot-tall LEGO Christmas tree made with a combination of 270,000 forest green LEGO and DUPLO® bricks provides the perfect place for every holiday family photo. Through Dec. 25, a special family will be chosen to help light the Bricktacular tree each night.
• LEGO Model Build Activity: What LEGO lover doesn’t want a chance to build while at Central Florida’s newest theme park featuring massive creations of the world’s most beloved toy? Help LEGOLAND Florida build a LEGO Christmas Tree in the Wells Fargo Fun Town 4D Theatre Plaza that will stand over 20 foot tall when completed.
• LEGO Santa Scavenger Hunt: It’s Christmas Eve in Miniland USA and Santa is busy delivering gifts to all the good girl and boy minilanders. Help find Santa in this fun-filled holiday scavenger hunt. The whole family can enjoy searching for Santa in the over 30 million LEGO bricks that make up Miniland USA. One lucky hunter each day will receive a prize from the daily drawing.
• LEGO Santa and LEGO Toy Soldier: Guests will have meet and greet opportunities with LEGOLAND Florida’s special holiday friends, LEGO Santa and LEGO Toy Soldier.
• Holiday Festivities and Entertainment: Festive decorations and sounds of the season will fill the entrance of the park and a variety of holiday entertainment will take place throughout the weekend to delight guests of all ages.
• Holiday Shopping: LEGOLAND Florida is the best place to celebrate the season and pick up the holiday gifts that are on every child’s wish list – LEGO! With six specialty stores, the park is proud to offer a unique and often hard to find selection of LEGO products and more.
Along with LEGOLAND Florida’s Christmas Bricktacular, guests can still enjoy a full day of theme park fun with more than 50 rides, shows and attractions. Holiday events are included with normal park admission. The best way to experience LEGOLAND Florida for the best value is with the new LEGOLAND Florida Resident Pass. Pass members receive unlimited admission for 12 months to LEGOLAND Florida and the LEGOLAND Water Park, as well as all other Merlin US attractions (LEGOLAND California & Water Park, LEGOLAND Discovery Centers, Sea Life Centers and Madam Tussauds), free parking and 10% off food and merchandise with no black-out dates. A new monthly payment option of less than $10 per month is also available both at the front gate and online. The Monthly Payment Plan includes a down payment of $57.24 for and adult with monthly payment of $9.26 and $46.44 for child/senior with a monthly payment of only $7.51 (pre-tax). To purchase tickets, visit www.legoland.com.
Media Contact: Samantha Lane at Samantha.firstname.lastname@example.org or 863.318.5345.
LEGOLAND® Florida is a 150-acre interactive theme park dedicated to families with children between the ages of 2 and 12. With more than 50 rides, shows and attractions and the all-new water park, LEGOLAND is geared towards family fun! There are currently four other LEGOLAND Parks in the world – LEGOLAND California in Carlsbad, LEGOLAND Billund in Denmark, LEGOLAND Deutschland near Günzburg, Germany and LEGOLAND Windsor outside of London and just opened LEGOLAND Malaysia —the sixth LEGOLAND Park and first in Asia. The LEGOLAND theme parks are a part of Merlin Entertainments Group, the second largest attractions operator in the world. For the most current information, log on to www.LEGOLAND.com.
MERLIN ENTERTAINMENTS is the leading name in location-based, family entertainment, and has seen the most successful and dynamic growth of any company in the sector over the last five years. Europe’s Number 1 and the world’s second-largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates 94 attractions, seven hotels/two holiday villages in 21 countries and across four continents. The company aims to deliver memorable and rewarding experiences to its 46 million visitors worldwide, through its iconic global and local brands, and the commitment and passion of its managers and more than 20,000 employees. Merlin currently has seventeen attractions in the USA including the stunning LEGOLAND Florida theme park with its new Water Park; LEGOLAND California theme park with its exciting Water Park, and SEA LIFE aquarium (a hotel will also open in 2013); Madame Tussauds attractions in New York, Washington DC, Las Vegas and Hollywood; LEGOLAND Discovery Centers in Chicago; Dallas/Fort Worth; Kansas City Missouri; and Atlanta, Georgia; and SEA LIFE aquariums in Phoenix, Arizona; Kansas City, Missouri; Dallas/Fort Worth; the Mall of America in Minneapolis, underlining the company’s position as the world’s biggest global aquarium operator.