Winter Haven, FL (October 10, 2012) – Pirates, witches, dracula and even Mr. Potato Head made appearances at LEGOLAND® Florida this weekend during its first kid-friendly Halloween celebration of Brick-or-Treat presented by Wells Fargo. This month-long spooky, kooky event takes place on Saturdays in October from 10am-9pm and Sundays in October from 10am to 5pm.
During Brick-or-Treat, presented by Wells Fargo, Miniland USA has been transformed into a fun, haunted scavenger hunt for the whole family with the invasion of LEGO® Monster Fighters and their enemies. With extended hours on Saturdays, Miniland USA gets a bit more spooky when the sun goes down and the fog rolls in on these LEGO® cities.
This thrilling family event also features trick-or-treating along the brick-or-treat trail, a kids’ four category costume contest with brick-tastic prizes and a build your own Halloween themed LEGO® pumpkin model activity station. Only found at LEGOLAND Florida, families can also check out the world’s largest LEGO Jack-O-Lantern made of 26,500 LEGO bricks and capture a great photo memory.
· LEGO® Pumpkin Build: Build your own LEGO Pumpkin at the model activity station in the Wells Fargo Fun Town 4D Theatre Plaza
· LEGO® Monster Fighters Haunted Scavenger Hunt: Help the LEGO Monster Fighters capture monsters haunting the cities of Miniland USA in this haunted scavenger hunt. The whole family can enjoy searching for these creatures found in the over 30 million LEGO bricks that make up Miniland USA. With extended hours on Saturdays, Miniland USA gets a bit more spooky when the sun goes down and the fog rolls in on these LEGO cities.
· Brick-or-Treat Trail: Trick-or-Treat along the Brick-or-Treat trail near the Pirates South Stadium for goodies, tasty treats and other fun surprises
· Dance Party: Join us for our spooky Dance Party in the Haunted Miniland USA with a live DJ and dance games (Saturday only)
· Kids Costume Contest: Show off your BOO-tiful costumes in the Kids Costume Contest in the Wells Fargo Fun Town 4D Theatre Plaza to win brick-tastic prizes like LEGO product and tickets to LEGOLAND Florida. Children may enter one of 4 specialized categories: Heroes & Villains, LEGO Monster Fighters, LEGO Themed, and most Creative.
This fun-filled Halloween celebration is made possible by our generous sponsors: Hurricane Grill & Wings®, LEGO ClubTM, LEGO® Monster Fighters, Old Navy®, PEPSICO®, Sam’s Club®, Sour Jacks, TECO® Energy, Webb’s Candy Shop, Wells Fargo® and Wendy’s®.
Along with LEGOLAND Florida’s Brick-or-Treat, guests can still enjoy a full day of theme park fun with more than 50 rides, shows and attractions. Brick-or-Treat is included with normal park admission – No upcharge for events. The best way to experience LEGOLAND Florida for the best value is with the new LEGOLAND Florida Resident Pass. Pass members receive unlimited admission for 12 months to LEGOLAND Florida and the LEGOLAND Water Park, as well as all other Merlin US attractions (LEGOLAND California & Water Park, LEGOLAND Discovery Centers, Sea Life Centers and Madam Tussauds), free parking and 10% off food and merchandise with no black-out dates. A new monthly payment option of less than $10 per month is also available both at the front gate and online. The Monthly Payment Plan includes a down payment of $57.24 for and adult with monthly payment of $9.26 and $46.44 for child/senior with a monthly payment of only $7.51 (pre-tax).
For the most current information on LEGOLAND Florida special events, operating schedule and to purchase tickets, visit www.LEGOLAND.com.
Media Contact: Samantha Lane, 863.318.5345 or email@example.com.
LEGOLAND® Florida is a 150-acre interactive theme park dedicated to families with children between the ages of 2 and 12. With more than 50 rides, shows and attractions and the all-new water park, LEGOLAND is geared towards family fun! There are currently four other LEGOLAND Parks in the world – LEGOLAND California in Carlsbad, LEGOLAND Billund in Denmark, LEGOLAND Deutschland near Günzburg, Germany and LEGOLAND Windsor outside of London and just opened LEGOLAND Malaysia —the sixth LEGOLAND Park and first in Asia. The LEGOLAND theme parks are a part of Merlin Entertainments Group, the second largest attractions operator in the world. For the most current information, log on to www.LEGOLAND.com.
MERLIN ENTERTAINMENTS is the leading name in location-based, family entertainment, and has seen the most successful and dynamic growth of any company in the sector over the last five years. Europe’s Number 1 and the world’s second-largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates more than 90 attractions, seven hotels/two holiday villages in 21 countries across four continents. The company aims to deliver memorable and rewarding experiences to its 46 million visitors worldwide, through its iconic global and local brands, and the commitment and passion of its managers and more than 20,000 employees. Merlin currently has seventeen attractions in the USA including the stunning LEGOLAND Florida theme park with its new Water Park; LEGOLAND California theme park with its exciting Water Park, and SEA LIFE Carlsbad Aquarium (LEGOLAND California Hotel is opening in summer 2013); Madame Tussauds attractions in New York, Washington, D.C., Las Vegas, Nevada and Hollywood, California; LEGOLAND Discovery Centers in Chicago, Illinois; Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas; Kansas City, Missouri; and Atlanta, Georgia; and SEA LIFE aquariums in Phoenix, Arizona; Kansas City, Missouri; Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas; the Mall of America in Minneapolis, Minnesota underlining the company’s position as the world’s biggest global aquarium operator.