LEGOLAND Water Park Extends Job Offer to Terminated Hallandale Beach Lifeguard
Winter Haven, FL (July 11, 2012) Today, LEGOLAND Florida General Manager Adrian Jones issued an open letter to Tomas Lopez offering the former Hallandale Beach lifeguard a position at Central Florida's newest water park. After learning of the lifeguard, Jones knew he was a Model Citizen.
Letter is attached.
B-roll of lifeguards at LEGOLAND Water Park: LLF Lifeguard B-Roll
Background information on LEGOLAND Water Park:
LEGOLAND Water Park is the latest addition to Florida’s newest theme park. Now open, the water park will add hours of water play to an already full day theme park experience.
Key areas of LEGOLAND Water Park attraction include:
• LEGO Wave Pool – Families can catch a gentle wave or simply cool off in this perfectly sized wave pool where the waves are just big enough for all ages to enjoy
• Twin Chasers – Friends ride tubes 375 feet down an intertwining pair of enclosed water slides before plunging into a refreshing pool below
• Splash Out – The thrill seekers of the family can ascend to the tallest point of the water park attraction and choose from one of three unique slides, then speed down a 60-foot drop and “splash out” into the water below
• Joker Soaker - A fun, interactive playground with various lengths, heights and types of slides that offer something different for every member of the family. Guests can wade in the surrounding pool and be surprised with a torrential spill from a 300-gallon bucket
• Build-A-Raft River - Families can imagine, design and build a unique LEGO vessel and set afloat on a maiden voyage around the 1000-foot-long lazy river, set amongst playful LEGO Friends, flowering vegetation and palm trees
• DUPLO® Splash Safari – Toddlers will rule at this water play area with shorter slides and interactive, larger-than-life DUPLO creatures