Winter Haven, Fla. (December 6, 2013) – LEGOLAND® Florida kicks off the year with a full line-up of action-packed fun for 2014 with special events specifically geared towards families with children age 2 to 12. From LEGO® Friends Weekend to Kids’ New Year’s Eve, guests will want to return again and again to enjoy a full year of LEGOLAND® Florida’s special events and more than 50 rides, shows and attractions. All events (*except Citrus Classic 5K) are included with regular park admission.
- The LEGO Club Weekend includes fun for all with activities to celebrate “The LEGO Movie”, the first-ever, full-length theatrical LEGO adventure featuring an all-star cast and set to open in theaters February 7. Guests will enjoy a special movie-themed building activity, movie-themed scavenger hunt in Miniland USA and meet and greet sessions with costume characters Emmet and Wyldstyle, who play leading roles in this epic movie.
February 8 and 9, 2014
- LEGO® Friends Weekend is a daytime party for girls that includes a LEGO Friends super brick build, a best friend build competition, a scavenger hunt in Miniland USA, entertainment, games, activities, and a chance to meet your favorite character. This third annual event celebrates girls and their personal individuality, just like the LEGO Friends product line for girls. February 15 and 16, 2014
- LEGOLAND Water Park, a park within a park, re-opens with a splash and just in time for summer-time fun. Guests of all ages can spend a full day of play in the water park with the Build-A-Raft River, where guests can build their own LEGO inner tubes and float down a 1,000-foot lazy river or splash and play in the DUPLO® Splash Safari, the Joker Soaker water playground, a 583,000-gallon wave pool and five slippery-fast water slides. Opens April 12 and runs through the end of October. Daily operational hours vary and can be found at www.legoland.com. April 12, 2014
- Winter Haven Hospital Foundation’s Citrus Classic 5K Run and Fun Walk* allows runners and walkers to “play their part” during this community-wide health event designed for participants of all ages. Participants receive exclusive discounts for post-event park admission. Visit www.legoland.com for event registration fees and processes. April 12, 2014
- Red, Brick & Boom allows guests to celebrate the 4th of July with a bang at this third annual Independence Day event. With a super brick flag build and special viewing glasses that turn ordinary fireworks into millions of exploding bricks, this July 4th celebration is sure to dazzle and delight with three nights of family fun and fireworks.
July 4, 5 and 6, 2014
- Brick-or-Treat offers safe and family-friendly Halloween festivities every Saturday and Sunday in October. This spooky, kooky event features trick-or-treating along the brick-or-treat trail, LEGO build activities, the largest LEGO Jack-O-Lantern in the world, a haunted scavenger hunt in Miniland USA, Halloween-themed entertainment and an all-kids costume contest with brick-tastic prizes! Weekends in October 2014
- Christmas Bricktacular brings in the holiday season with a 30-foot tall LEGO Christmas tree made of 270,000 LEGO bricks, life-size LEGO Santa, reindeer and sleigh, festive decorations, LEGO build activity, a LEGO Santa Scavenger Hunt and holiday entertainment. LEGO Santa and LEGO Toy Soldier make daily appearances in the park providing a perfect family photo opportunity. Weekends in December 2014
- Countdown to Kids’ New Year’s Eve Party features nightly fireworks over Lake Eloise. Watch the spectacular fireworks explode into millions of tiny LEGO bricks with special viewing glasses. December 26-30, 2014
- Kids’ New Year’s Eve is the perfect way to bring in the new year with the family where the giant LEGO brick drops at a very kid-friendly midnight KST (Kid Standard Time) – otherwise known as 7 p.m. EST. Other event elements include a spectacular fireworks show and a DJ dance party in Miniland USA. December 31, 2014