Holiday b-roll: http://ow.ly/E4EV3 (expires on Nov. 24)
Celebrate the Holidays at LEGOLAND® Florida Resort
WINTER HAVEN, Fla. (November 10, 2014) - Celebrate the holidays as a family when LEGOLAND® Florida Resort hosts its annual Christmas Bricktacular and Kids’ New Year’s Eve celebrations, beginning weekends in December. Visitors can participate in extraordinary holiday-themed LEGO® builds, interact with LEGO Santa and LEGO Toy Soldier Characters and experience snow falling down on Fun Town. Nightly fireworks begin on Dec. 26 and will last until the end of the year. LEGOLAND Florida is an exciting, family-friendly place to spend the holiday season.
The Park wraps up the month-long celebration with the ultimate Kids’ New Year’s Eve Celebration on Dec. 31, featuring a LEGO brick drop at 7 p.m. midnight KST, (Kid Standard Time!) to bring in the New Year. Holiday events are included with normal Park admission.
Christmas Bricktacular (weekends in December) activities include:
- LEGO Christmas Tree: The more than 30-foot-tall LEGO Christmas tree made with a combination of 270,000 forest green LEGO and DUPLO® bricks provides the perfect place for every holiday family photo.
- LEGO Santa and LEGO Toy Soldier Characters: Guests will have meet and greet opportunities with LEGOLAND Florida’s special holiday friends.
- LEGO Model Build Activity: Help LEGOLAND Florida build and decorate a LEGO Christmas Tree in time for Christmas day that will stand more than 20-feet tall when completed.
- LEGO Santa and Reindeer Models: Families will have a photo opportunity with a life-size LEGO Santa Claus.
- LEGO Santa Scavenger Hunt: It’s Christmas Eve in Miniland U.S.A. and Santa is busy delivering gifts to all the good girl and boy Minilanders. The whole family can enjoy searching for Santa amid the more than 30 million LEGO bricks that make up Miniland U.S.A.
- Holiday Decorations: Guests will get into the holiday spirit as they are surrounded by the sounds, sights, and even the feel of the season as snow falls all around them in Fun Town!
- Nightly Fireworks: Beginning Dec. 26, a fireworks show will provide nightly entertainment over Lake Eloise beginning at 7 p.m.
Kids’ New Year’s Eve (December 31) activities include:
- LEGOLAND Fireworks Display: Watch a spectacular fireworks display with special viewing glasses that turn ordinary fireworks into the illusion of millions of exploding LEGO bricks.
- LEGO Brick Drop: Watch the brick drop at just the right time for kids: 7 p.m. – or - midnight KST.
Along with LEGOLAND Florida’s Christmas Bricktacular and Kids’ New Year’s Eve, guests can still enjoy a full day of theme park fun with more than 50 rides, shows and attractions.
Visit with paid admission now through Dec. 27, 2014, and receive a free return visit Jan. 1- Feb. 28, 2015!
For more information, please visit Florida.LEGOLAND.com.
LEGOLAND ® Florida:
LEGOLAND® Florida is a 150-acre interactive theme park with more than 50 rides, shows and attractions, a Water Park and The LEGO® World of Chima presented by Cartoon Network all geared to families with children ages 2 to 12. Recently announced, The LEGOLAND Hotel will open in 2015 featuring 152 highly themed rooms and suites, LEGO décor, interactive play areas, a pool and a restaurant. There are currently five other LEGOLAND Parks in the world – LEGOLAND California in Carlsbad, LEGOLAND Billund in Denmark, LEGOLAND Deutschland near Günzburg, Germany and LEGOLAND Windsor outside of London and LEGOLAND Malaysia —the sixth LEGOLAND Park and first in Asia. The LEGOLAND theme parks are a part of Merlin Entertainments Group, the second largest attractions operator in the world. For the most current information, log on to www.LEGOLAND.com.
About Merlin Entertainments:
MERLIN ENTERTAINMENTS plc is the leading name in location-based, family entertainment. Europe’s number one and the world’s second-largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates 104 attractions, 10 hotels/3 holiday villages in 22 countries and across 4 continents. The company aims to deliver memorable and rewarding experiences to its almost 60 million visitors worldwide, through its iconic global and local brands, and the commitment and passion of its managers and more than 20,000 employees.
Merlin has twenty three attractions and one hotel in North America - including two stunning LEGOLAND Resorts – LEGOLAND Florida with its theme park, water park, and LEGOLAND California theme park with water park, SEA LIFE Aquarium and themed hotel; Madame Tussauds celebrity wax attractions in New York City, Washington D.C., Las Vegas; Hollywood; and San Francisco; LEGOLAND Discovery Centers in Chicago, Dallas/Fort Worth, Kansas City Missouri, Atlanta, Boston; Westchester and Toronto, Canada; a Dungeon in San Francisco; and SEA LIFE Aquariums in Phoenix, Arizona; Kansas City, Missouri; Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas, the Mall of America in Minneapolis and Charlotte underlining the company’s position as the world’s biggest global aquarium operator. Visit www.merlinentertainments.biz for more information.